2014 International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering (IWBBIO 2014)
7-9 April, 2014. Granada (SPAIN). Special Session: High Performance Computing in Bioinformatics
The goal of this special session is to explore the use of emerging parallel computing architectures as well as High Performance Computing systems (Supercomputers, Clusters, Grids) for the simulation of relevant biological systems and for applications in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Computational Chemistry. We welcome papers, not submitted elsewhere for review, with a focus in topics of interest ranging from but not limited to:
- Parallel stochastic simulation
- Biological and Numerical parallel computing
- Parallel and distributed architectures
- Emerging processing architectures (e.g. GPUs, Intel Xeon Phi, FPGAs, mixed CPU-GPU or CPU-FPGA, etc)
- Parallel Model checking techniques
- Parallel algorithms for biological analysis
- Cluster and Grid Deployment for system biology
- Biologically inspired algorithms
We encourage you to submit paper focused on interesting, relevant and original works that are related to this Special Session (SS4). We also admit the submission of short abstracts, which must be extended to full paper in case of being accepted.
More information is available at http://iwbbio.ugr.es.