UKPEW is the leading UK forum for the presentation of all aspects of performance modelling and analysis of computer and telecommunication systems. Original papers are invited on all relevant topics but papers on or related to the subjects listed below are particularly welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Stochastic modelling of computer systems and networks
- Tools for all aspects of performance engineering from workload characterisation to operational analysis
- Modelling paradigms including, but not limited to: Stochastic Process Algebras, Stochastic Petri Nets and Queueing Theory
- Solution and simplification techniques for large Markov processes
- Formal notations for performance modelling
- Modelling and analysis of reliability and performance guarantees
- Performance-oriented design methods
- Novel techniques in computer system simulation
- Case studies and industrial reports
- Experience and evaluation of existing tools and techniques
- Cloud computing
UKPEW is the primary event at which the UK performance community can get together to present and discuss their work. Whilst the event is primarily aimed at UK based performance engineers, we also welcome contributions from researchers working in other countries and those whose interest in performance is derived from experience in other fields. It provides an ideal opportunity for academics, industrialists and PhD students to relate experience and to present both finished work and work in progress. The event has been organised to sustain the atmosphere of informality that previous UKPEWs have fostered. As well as sessions for presenting the papers submitted, it will also be possible to organise a session of short presentations of work in progress.
April 6, 2012 — Paper and poster submission
May 18, 2012 — Notification of acceptance
June 1, 2012 — Camera-ready copy deadline
June 1, 2012 — Registration deadline
July 2-3, 2012 — UKPEW 2012 in Edinburgh
Submission and registration details can be found at http://www.ukpew.org.