Today NVIDIA released CUDA 4.1, including a new CUDA Toolkit, SDK, Visual Profiler, Parallel Nsight IDE and NVIDIA device driver.
CUDA 4.1 makes it easier to accelerate scientific research with GPUs with key features including
- a redesigned Visual Profiler with automated performance analysis and expert guidance;
- a new LLVM-based compiler that generates up to 10% faster code; and
- 1000+ new imaging and signal processing functions in the NPP library.
The CuSparse library included with CUDA 4.1 has a new tridiagonal solver and 2x faster sparse matrix-vector multiplication using the ELL hybrid format, and the CuRand library included with CUDA 4.1 has two new random number generators. The CUDA 4.1 toolkit also brings some great improvements to its debugging and performance analysis tools.
Sign up for a webinar to learn more about all the new features & high performance GPU-accelerated libraries!
CUDA 4.1 Toolkit 4.1 Feature Overview Webinar
- For Europe and The Americas: 10am (PST), Wednesday, Feb 1
- For Asia-Pacific and India: 10am (IST) Friday, Feb 3