HOOMD-blue stands for Highly Optimized Object-oriented Many-particle Dynamics — Blue Edition. It performs general-purpose particle dynamics simulations on a single workstation, taking advantage of NVIDIA GPUs to attain a level of performance equivalent to dozens of processor cores on a fast cluster.
HOOMD-blue 0.9.0 is a major new release. Highlights include:
- Support for Fermi generation GPUs
- Performance enhancements
- New pair potentials
- Particle data is now accessible from hoomd scripts
- Binary format dump files for simulation restarts
- Numerous small enhancements to enable easily restartable jobs
- 2D simulations are now possible
- Integration methods can now be applied to specified groups of particles
- All IMD commands issued by VMD are now understood
- … and more
HOOMD-blue 0.9.0 is available for download under an open source license.