CLyther is an under-development python tool for OpenCL similar to Cython for C. CLyther is a python language extension intended to make writing OpenCL code as easy as Python itself. CLyther currently only supports a subset of the Python language definition but adds many new features for OpenCL.
CLyther exposes both the OpenCL C library and language to python. It’s features include:
- Fast prototyping of OpenCL code.
- OpenCL kernel function creation using the Python language definition.
- Strong OOP programming in OpenCL code.
- Passing functions as arguments to kernel functions.
- Python emulation mode for OpenCL code.
- Fancy indexing of arrays.
- Dynamic compilation at runtime.
CLyther is currently under development, and the developers plan to release a beta version before April 14. They are looking for feedback and developers to help with this project. If you are interested, post a comment to the CLyther forum.